This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. The course includes full coverage of the core Azure IoT services such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, and more. In addition to the focus on Azure PaaS services, the course includes sections on IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns, and Azure IoT Central.
AZ 220 Microsoft Azure IoT Developer
An Azure IoT Developer is responsible for implementing and then maintaining the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. In addition to configuring and maintaining devices by using Azure IoT services and other Microsoft tools, the IoT Developer also sets up the physical devices and is responsible for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle. The IoT Developer implements designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging and security. For Edge device scenarios, the IoT Developer also deploys compute/containers and configures device networking, which could include various edge gateway implementations.
The IoT Developer implements designs for solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT. The IoT Developer works with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration. IoT Developers should have a good understanding of Azure services, including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and the Azure IoT PaaS versus SaaS options.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create, configure, and manage an Azure IoT hub.
- Provision devices by using IoT Hub and DPS, including provisioning at scale.
- Establish secure 2-way communication between devices and IoT Hub.
- Implement message processing by using IoT Hub routing and Azure Stream Analytics.
- Configure the connection to Time Series Insights and support business integration requirements.
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios using marketplace modules and various edge gateway patterns.
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios that require developing and deploying custom modules and containers.
- Implement device management using device twins and direct methods.
- Implement solution monitoring, logging, and diagnostics testing.
- Recognize and address security concerns and implement Azure Security Center for IoT.
- Build an IoT Solution by using Azure IoT Central and recongize SaaS opportunities for IoT.
IoT Developers should have basic programming skills in at least one Azure-supported language, including C#, Node.js, C, Python, or Java.
- Software development experience is a prerequisite for this course, but no specific software language is required, and the experience does not need to be at a professional level.
- Data Processing Experience: General understanding of data storage and data processing is a recommended but not required.
- Cloud Solution Awareness: Students should have a basic understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (M-AZ-900T00/M-AZ900), or equivalent skills, is recommended.
This course helps to prepare for exam AZ-220.
Ønsker du å samle flere ansatte til et bedriftsinternt kurs?
Finner du ikke det helt optimale kurset eller kombinasjonen av kurs? Da ordner vi det - sammen. Vi kan tilrettelegge kurs slik at de inneholder akkurat det dere har behov for. Vi kan sette opp et helt nytt kurs, eller tilpasse eksisterende kurs og materiell. Flere medarbeidere kan selvfølgelig også samles til et eget felles kurs, for maksimal effektivitet. Ta kontakt med meg for et forslag til gjennomføring og et tilbud basert på deres behov.