You’ll get hands-on experience with building a Reactive application to stream data leveraging the newly available Reactive data types, Spring WebFlux, Spring Data and Rsocket. Besides that, we will work with some new tools which make dealing with errors and blocking APIs visible.
- Introduction Reactive Streams, Publisher/Subscriber types and Reactor types Getting familiar with Project Reactor
- Using Reactive RabbitMQ with Spring
- Using Rsocket as a streaming message protocol
- Using Spring WebFlux Functional configuration API for Spring WebFlux Using Reactive Types with Thymeleaf
- Using Spring Security Reactive
- Using Spring Data MongoDB to reactively stream data
- Using Spring Data R2DBC
- Using Reactive Redis with Spring
- What’s next?
This workshop is targeted at developers and architects who are new to reactive programming and want to learn how to use the Spring ecosystem to get started.
Participants should have some prior knowledge about Java and the Spring Framework/Ecosystem. The workshop will be held in English.
In order to participate, you will need:
- A laptop with at enough spare disk space and RAM
- Java, Maven and your favourite IDE installed (Eclipse, Spring STS, IntelliJ, Netbeans)
- Docker for some demos